Bootstrap Carousel

rick.emmet

Hello All,
I'm developing the front end of a database driven site using Bootstrap. I would like to allow viewers to see numerous photos uploaded to the site, by other users, in a very convenient way. On a desktop or laptop computer, this is no problem, however, on a mobile device it's more challenging for users to view thumbnail photos and click to see a large version of the photo.

The “bootstrap carousel with gallery thumbs” does fit on my tiny Droid Mini, but I thought I'd throw this out to the community and see if all of you have strong feelings either way about this. This must be a useful feature and not a problem for the user to interact with. Also, do any of you have suggestions for best practices on this topic? Thanks so much for your input!
Cheers,
Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Typically, I'll turn carousel functionality off entirely at my phone break point and just stack the images. Of course, this depends pretty heavily on the design being able to accommodate that - if it doesn't (it should) I'll cut down the slides to show and slides to scroll to 1 at phone.

Archived