Display form data in new page.

Matt_S

Hello all.

I am trying to display values from an html form in a new browser window.

Basically creating a lineup in an html form and trying to pull the values into a different page in a separate browser instance.

My submission page form code looks like:

<form name="lineupform" action="lineup.php" method="get">
<p>
Name: <input type="text" size="20" name="n1"><br /><br />
Name: <input type="text" size="20" name="n2"><br /><br />
Name: <input type="text" size="20" name="n3"><br /><br />
<input TYPE="SUBMIT" CLASS="button" value="SUBMIT LINEUP" />  <input type="reset" value="RESET LINEUP" class="button2" /></p>
</form> 

And then using the following to retrieve and display the information in a different browser window:

<?php echo $_GET['n1']; ?><br />
	<?php echo $_GET['n2']; ?><br />
	<?php echo $_GET['n3']; ?><br /> 

I'm not getting any results and even redirecting the same browser window to the lineup.php does not display anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

You're right.

I don't get it. If you mean the actual input value, I showed the form code (not the whole page's code) so there is no value. If you mean the form value=" ", it is not needed with the text input type since there is no default value.

But thanks for that quick reply and warm welcome. I hope you aren't that condescending will all newbs that come looking for help.

I'll try elsewhere.

I took what you wrote literally. You used the wrong terminology.

trying to display values from an html form

It would have been more clear if you said "display form input". Values and form input is two separate things.

There is actually nothing wrong with the code.

Archived