Only 4 of 7 rows inserting

thenorman138

I have a form, populated by an uploaded CSV, and upon submit it saves to my database staging/temp table. However, it's only saving the first 4 of  7 rows.

The form:

$file = $_FILES["file"]["tmp_name"];
$handle = fopen($file, "r");
$maxPreviewRows = PHP_INT_MAX;  // this will be ~2 billion on 32-bit system, or ~9 quintillion on 64-bit system
$hasHeaderRow = true;
echo "<form method='post' action='/form-submit' >";
echo '<table>';

/*WE WILL NEED TO QA CONDITIONS AND HIGHLIGHT IN RED HERE. ALSO NEED BORDER STYLINGS*/

if ($hasHeaderRow) {
   $headerRow = fgetcsv($handle);
   echo '<thead><tr>';
   foreach($headerRow as $value) {
       echo "<th>$value</th>";
   }
   echo '</tr></thead>';
}

echo '<tbody>';

$rowCount = 0;
while ($row = fgetcsv($handle)) {
   $colCount = 0;
   echo '<tr>';
   foreach($row as $value) {
           echo "<td><input name='row[".$rowCount."][".$colCount."]' type='text' value='$value' /></td>";

$colCount++;
                    } 
   echo '</tr>';

if (++$rowCount > $maxPreviewRows) {
       break;
   }
}
echo '</tbody></table>';
echo "<input type='submit' name='confirm' value='confirm'>";

echo '</form>';
                }

The submission:

foreach ($_POST['row'] as $rowValue)
    {
    if( is_array($rowValue) && count($rowValue) > 0 )
    {
        $sqlFull = "INSERT INTO staging VALUES( DEFAULT, ". substr( str_repeat ( '?, ', count($rowValue) ), 0, -2 ) .")";
        if( !$stmt = $connect->prepare($sqlFull) )
        {
            echo "Prepare failed: (" . $connect->errno . ") " . $connect->error;
        }
        $stmt->bind_param( str_repeat ( 's', count($rowValue) ), ...$rowValue );

$stmt->execute();
    }
    }

So it's definitely working but for some reason it's stopping on the fourth row every time. I edit the first field of each row each time and when I check my file dashboard I'll see only the first 4 from each submission.

When I print_r($_POST) I get [0]array through [4]array, but only 4 rows actually submit to the database out of the 7 on the form.

ANy ideas why this is ending on the 4th row?

Do you have any unique indexes set on the DB? It could also be a data problem. Copy the 4 rows that work and duplicate them in a file with only the 8 known good rows. Then see if all 8 rows get entered. If they do, then you have a data problem with the other rows.

Before you posted you wanted the csv data to be input to the DB. Now you're back to throwing a form in the middle of it. What exactly is it you want to do?

Ah good thinking, I did that and with the 4 good rows duplicated it works for all 8. I need to find out the issue on that 5th row, I guess.

I have it succesfully inserting to the database, but my project manager is wishy-washy on seeing an editable form work. He was fine with editing from the database but then he wanted to address him again. I worked on an easier loop, above, and got it working but I just started having this issue with only the first 4 rows going in.

Archived