something very strange

lightninglarry

So i was editing some old php code yesterday and it appeared fine on my screen using chrome browser.

Friend said he was getting error.....thought he was crazy since he was using same browser as I.

Wake up this morning to the exact error he was seeing....no code was touched while I was sleeping obviously.

It gives me the error, line #, etc.  

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home4/world/public_html//home.php on line 171

What is strange are 2 things.  My code ends COMPLETELY on line 100.  But its giving a line 171 error.

What else is strange, is if i take the file completely off the server, and just type in what the address would have been, its still giving me the same error. Shouldnt it give a page not found type error?

Ive cleared the cache from my browser.

Do you have a server-side cache? Have you tried restarting the webserver and/or PHP?

In any case, you must not display internal error messages on the screen. This can leak very sensitive information -- and it's simply unprofessional. Make PHP write the messages to a logfile and set up error pages.

Archived