Need help with this script

Strippings

Hello, so I have a program where I need to know if people are sharing their account

(It is paid for)

I only currently have it where if anyone logs in I get their IP address, but not the username of it.. 

Could anyone help me on how to make it if someone logs in with their account it tells me their username and ip so I know if they are sharing?

I'm using  a database on PHPMyAdmin

Read – the – rules. I'm not going to say that a third time.

The rules specifically say that you must provide concrete information. This includes code, explanations, screen shots, diagrams, error messages etc. Whatever is required to understand the problem. Your current thread doesn't tell us anything, and none of us is a mind reader.

If you aren't actually looking for help and rather want somebody to write the code for you, we have the jobs section. Make sure to read the rules, then post your offer.

User's IP addresses change on a regular basis. Furthermore, people might be at a coffee house, or a hotel, or at work. What you have is IP available to determine this. It's not a great way to determine account sharing.

If it's ok for you to harass and possibly lose legitimate users over your paranoia about someone sharing an account, then by all means some code can be created to try and find account sharing, but it's a lot of work to do it well, and probably not worth it for you.

A much better mechanism would be to keep track of usage of whatever it is your system provides, and look for sharing that way, perhaps along with usage pattern data.

Overall, as Jacques stated a couple of times, this is all very non-specific and beyond what I've stated here as a caveat emptor, there is nothing more I could offer you with a lot more specific information from you, and specific questions that can be answered specifically.

Archived