How to develop a website or app for video live streaming?

Smithjack

Ways to develop a live streaming website or an app.  Planning to build a video streaming website and app. cost to build?

You make it sound like a site vs. an app are alternatives to each other.

I have built both large and small versions in the past. One was a social network with an app front end, and the other was a website built on top of a blog, built on top of Joomla, that published and allowed streaming of videos created by an independent video producer.

Your question is far too vague to get any serious responses.

Great Idea Smith! You can develop a live streaming website in different ways

Custom development, Readymade Solutions and more.

I think readymade solutions is the best choice and it takes less cost compared to custom development.  And also save your time and so on.  Many readymade solutions are ready in the market like Contus Vplay and etc.  Thinking of the cost depends upon your requirement.

Hello smithjack!

I'll answer your query step by step.

Ways to develop a live streaming website or an app - There are 3 ways that you can go for. 1) From scratch 2) Script or Software 3) Ready-made solution

Here I'll explain you the pros and cons in each way.

1) Scratch - If you plan to start from the scratch you should have a strong knowledge in technical part and it obviously takes lot of time to complete.

2) Script / Software - You can try either of these but you might face difficulties while trying to make customization in the future

3) Ready-made solution - When you go for ready-made solution you can have all the features that you wanted in your website or app and customization is possible in any way you want. And above all it is much time saving! In that way I would suggest you to try VDart Prism which is a complete end-to-end VOD solution to build your own video streaming website or app.

cost to build - The cost factors completely depend on the features that you wish to have in your website or app.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that you DO realise that you need more people and make a team, you can't just create an app yourself. I mean maybe you could, but you need to have people in charge of security and all that. I'm just saying...

But if it's just a learning project then of course you can do it alone :)

Archived