I'll pay the first person $20 via paypal that fixes my issue! - Data Import MySQL

micky007192

Hi Guys,

This issue is beginning to really pi** me off! I've spent a full day trying to do this, what ever i try i cant seem to get it working correctly. I'll pay the first person $20 via paypal that fixes my issue first.

Right so i have an excel file that has nearly 800,000 records in it, im trying to upload it into my MySQL database but i keep getting issues. The first option i tried was turning the file into a CSV and then uploading the file directly via PHPMYADMIN. But that didnt work as a number of issues came about. The next thing i tried was using PHPexcel which i had alot more sucsess with except there was still some issues as you'll see below.

These are the issues iv been facing:

Excel to CSV:

When i save the file as a CSV the data is not enclosed/escaped.

Some of the data has a single quote in it, such as if the surname is O'brien then thats messing with the import of the data.

When saving as CSV from Excel some of the data may have commas in them which again is messing with the import of data since for some reason the data is not being enclosed/escaped.

The DOB (Date of Birth) and Received Date is not importing properly. See screenshot 1.

PHPexcel:

Some of the data has a single quote in it, such as if the surname is O'brien then that row of data is not inserted.

The DOB (Date of Birth) and Received Date is not importing properly. See screenshot 1.

Please can someone help me out as i dont know what else to do here. Surely there must be a better way of importing data from Excel to a MySQL database?

Thanks in advance!

post-204714-0-87034800-1499385287_thumb.png

Archived