array multidimensional error

gmc1103

Hi

I'm having a problem regarding getting the values off my array....

I'm calling a function to get values

public function getAllAulasSemDespacho(){
        try {
            $stmt = $this->db->prepare("SELECT a.Atividade, a.Local, a.DataAula, ae.idAula, p.Nome, t.Turma
                                        FROM
                                            aulaexteriorturmas AS ae
                                            INNER JOIN turmas AS t
                                            ON (ae.idTurma = t.idTurma)
                                            INNER JOIN aulaexterior  AS a 
                                            ON (ae.idAula = a.idAula)
                                            INNER JOIN professores AS p
                                            ON (a.idProfessor = p.idProfessor) WHERE a.Autorizado IS NULL ");
            if (!$stmt->execute()) {
                print_r($stmt->errorInfo());
                return false;
            } else {
                $result = $stmt->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_ASSOC);
                $aulas_array = array();
                foreach ($result as $row) {
                    $idAula = $row['idAula'];
                    if (!isset($aulas_array[$idAula])) {
                        $aulas_array[$idAula]['idAula'] = $row['idAula'];
                        $aulas_array[$idAula]['Atividade'] = $row['Atividade'];
                        $aulas_array[$idAula]['Local'] = $row['Local'];
                        $aulas_array[$idAula]['DataAula'] = $row['DataAula'];
                        $aulas_array[$idAula]['Nome'] = $row['Nome'];
                        $aulas_array[$idAula]['Turma'] = array();
                    }
                    $aulas_array[$idAula]['Turma'][] = $row['Turma'];
                }
                foreach ($aulas_array as $idAula => $aulas) {
                    json_encode($aulas);
                    return $aulas;
                }

}
        } catch (PDOException $e) {
            echo $e->getMessage();
        }
    }

From the query...in my sql i receive

Atividade                          Local                  DataAula    idAula  Nome                    Turma   
---------------------------------  ---------------------  ----------  ------  ----------------------  --------
Teste final PDF                    Algarve                2017-08-31       5  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  5ºC    
Teste final PDF                    Algarve                2017-08-31       5   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  6ºB    
Teste final PDF                    Algarve                2017-07-27       6  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  10ºO   
Teste final PDF                    Algarve                2017-07-27       6   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  11ºJ   
Teste final PDF                    Algarve                2017-07-27       6   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  12ºL

So i want to join the same (Turma) values by (idAula)

When i want to see in the front end i receive an array...but i get illegal offset errors

<?php
                        if (!empty($aulasListagem)) {
                            foreach ($aulasListagem as $row) {
                                print_r($row);
                                ?>
                                <tr>
                                    <td align="center"><?php echo $row['Atividade']; ?></td>
                                    <td align="center"><?php echo $row['Local']; ?></td>
                                    <td align="center"><?php echo $row['DataAula']; ?></td>
                                    <td align="center"><?php echo $row['Nome']; ?></td>
                                    <td align="center"><?php echo $row['Turma']; ?></td>
                                    <td><a data-toggle="modal" data-id="<?php echo $row['idAula']; ?>"
                                           class="open-AddDialog btn btn-sm btn-success center-block"
                                           href="#myModalDespachoAula">Opção</a></td>
                                </tr>
                                <?php
                            }
                        }
                        ?>

From var_dump i'm getting this

array(6) { ["idAula"]=> string(1) "5" ["Atividade"]=> string(33) "Algarve" ["Local"]=> string(7) "Algarve" ["DataAula"]=> string(10) "2017-08-31" ["Nome"]=> string(22) "xxxxxxxxx" ["Turma"]=> array(2) { [0]=> string(4) "5ºC" [1]=> string(4) "6ºB" } }

I only receive the first idAula and  i get illegal offset errors in the table

any help?

The whole code doesn't make a lot of sense. You should program in much smaller steps, test each result and only continue of it's actually correct. Then you don't end up with a wall of non-working code which you're no longer able to debug yourself.

• For some reason, you simultaneously assume that the code can throw exceptions and cannot throw exceptions. You have a try statement to catch PDO exceptions and print them on the screen (which is stupid – leave them alone). But you also have return value checks, which implies that exceptions are turned off completely. It cannot be both. Either exceptions are enabled, or they're disabled.
  • What's the point of using a prepared statement for a query which doesn't have any parameters and is only executed once? Just do a plain old query().
  • When you iterate over your $aulas_array, you call json_encode() but don't store the return value anywhere. And then you immediately return the first item, so all other data is lost.
    foreach ($aulas_array as $idAula => $aulas) {
        json_encode($aulas);    // <---- this doesn't have any effect

return $aulas;          // <---- this stops the loop immediately after the first iteration
    }

Hi Jacques

How are you?

About your questions

You have a try statement to catch PDO exceptions and print them on the screen (which is stupid – leave them alone). Yes, is to check if everything is ok, after the code is ok, i remove it.

What's the point of using a prepared statement for a query which doesn't have any parameters and is only executed once. You are right, i agree with you.

When you iterate over your $aulas_array, you call json_encode() but don't store the return value anywhere. Again dummy from me.

I was returning the array after the 1º iteration.

Regards

You have a try statement to catch PDO exceptions and print them on the screen (which is stupid – leave them alone). Yes, is to check if everything is ok, after the code is ok, i remove it.

This doesn't make sense. Just leave the exception alone and turn display_errors on during development, then PHP will print the error message and all relevant information on the screen.

There's no point in adding and then removing a try statement only to print the message. PHP can do that much better than you.

So -- problem fixed?

This doesn't make sense. Just leave the exception alone and turn display_errors on during development, then PHP will print the error message and all relevant information on the screen.

...and kill the script, too. Having a try/catch at least prevents that from happening.

Archived