Help with xdebug setup in phpstorm

fastsol

I recently decided to invest in a better up-to-date coding IDE and chose PhpStorm.  I have never used xdebug before and wanted to get it working in phpstorm.  I have spent literally 10+ hours messing with it and can't get it to work, at least to my understanding of what I should see when it works.  I have read dozens of articles and help topics and watched tons of setup videos and can't seem to make it work.  According to everything I've done, xdebug is setup properly on my wamp server.

Is there anyone that has knowledge of how to set this up or that is willing to log in to my computer via gotomeeting or something and mess with it so I can see what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you!

I finally got it working about an hour ago.  I don't know 100% what combination of things led to it working since I had tried many of those combinations previously and it didn't work then.  But figuring out the port settings in phpstorm and the host settings also seemed to be the real solving force.  Since I run my sites locally via virtual hosts and the doc roots are outside the wamp folder, I had to figure out where those kind of things needed to be set correctly in phpstorm.  Then I had one last issue where some sites would work but others wouldn't using the same settings.  That issue ended up being how I had site declared in my windows hosts file.  Non-working sites were listed as ::1 instead of 127.0.0.1 like the working sites were.

So finally after 12 hours of screwing and learning more than I had planned on the subject lol, I have it working!

Archived