what to do now ?!

Challenger

hello everyone!

i'm a lil bit confiused and i want maybe some advice :o

its been about 5 years im familiar with php but just familiar :happy-04:  i know a bit of oop function class & ..... but when it comes to action i dont know what to do what to make

i can do simple things but i think thats wasting time..

im just lost and donno what to do after this And ill be happy if you share your experiences with me ::)

thanks

"You want maybe some advice"?

Make up your mind - either you do or you don't.

And what do you want advice on?  Learning?  Get a book and start reading.  Or go online and find a tutorial (not W3schools) and start learning from that.

Or do you want advice on a current problem?  If so, how about showing it to us?

I can see you are pretty handy with those silly little emojis.  Maybe you could move on up the ladder and become better at writing proper English.  Perhaps  then you could make a better introduction of yourself and your needs.

Learning to program can easily become a rabbit hole.

Programming exists to create applications and systems that solve a problem or facilitate a business.

The simple answer is, in order to progress as a programmer you need to actually program.

Write down a design specification for something you want to build, and build it. Along the way you will need to problem solve. You will need to learn things you don't understand adequately at present, and you will fail, and in the process learn how to debug and become more competent.

Let's say you read a bunch of books on carpentry, but never try to build anything? Would you hire that person to make you cabinets for your house?

I know many developers who are starting out, who build things simply to have a portfolio showing what they can do.

When I first started as a programmer, I made some silly applications that didn't do much, but in each case I learned a great deal. Eventually I created a freeware menu system (this was back in the days when DOS PC computers dominated the marketplace) and my software allowed you to create some simple text files that would be read in, and allow a user to navigate through the options and start programs. There were many such programs available at the time, but I built mine anyways, and used it on my computer and installed it on my parents computer.

In creating it, I realized that I had a need to utilize record structures, linked lists, windowing libraries and file io. It required me to learn a lot of things and as a result I advanced as a programmer and this experience lead directly to a job that essentially started my professional programming career.

With each project you learn more and become a more capable developer.

Aaaah,    PC-DOS.  Those were the days!

I used to work for a movie studio back in the olden times, and I remember how excited I was about getting a new PS/2 workstation that was based on the 386 and trading in my crappy 386sx based system. True 32 bit computing!

I can't even remember the number of times I bought a new, slightly faster modem. Going from 300baud to 1200baud seemed like I had launched into hyperspace.

On the down side, all that time I spent learning 808x assembler and the segmented architecture :(

Archived