Putting a persons data into an array

cliftonbazaar

So I have two tables (one small, one large), the first table is called 'profile' and has each players name, the second table is called 'toon' and has each players characters.

What I am trying to do is output the players (which is easy to do with mysqli_fetch_array) but I also wish to output some of the players toons with their power level.

table 'profile'

1  James

2  Darren

table 'toons'

1 Batman  456

1 Superman 789

2 Batman 1245

2 Superman 564

The output I want is

NAME  BATMAN  SUPERMAN

James  456  789

Darren  1245  564

Obviously this is a simplication of what I am doing :)

Currently I was looping through all the profiles and then inside each loop calling each row of the toon I wanted but I soon realised that there must be a better way than making 1,500 calls to the database!

James

JOIN is easy if they were the only toons in the database but they are not, in fact they can be out of order for some players

For the benefit of those of us who cannot see your data therefore can not understand your problem, perhaps you should provide a better explanation of the situation and your expected results.

Archived