Add Attachments to my Email

Joob

Hello guys,

I'm having trouble receiving attachments in email ..
When I send an attachment, it says "attachment: file1.jpg" or "attachment: file.rar" all ok .. but when I click on it, the link is not correct, and gives me a link with a huge extension.

Next function
$has_attachment = preg_match_all("/multipart\/mixed/", $email_body, $attachment);
if ($op_getKey) {
	if ($has_attachment) {
		$mailParts = explode("--" . $getKey[1][1], $email_body);
		$attachParts = explode("--" . $getKey[1][0], $email_body);

$get_attach_name=preg_match_all("/filename=\"(.*?)\"/", $attachParts[2], $attach_name);
		$get_attach_type=preg_match_all("/Content-Type: (.*?);/", $attachParts[2], $attach_type);
		$pure_code = explode("\n\n",$attachParts[2]);
		$pure_code = str_replace("\r","",$pure_code[1]);
		$pure_code = str_replace("\n","",$pure_code);
	}else{
		$mailParts = explode("--" . $getKey[1][0], $email_body);
	}

And I'm making the call that way

<a target="_blank" href="data:<?=$attach_type[1][0]?>;base64,<?=$pure_code?>"> <?=$attach_name[1][0]?> </a>

I have this code in my another file (attachment.php)

<?php
if (isset($_GET['attachment'])) {

}

?>

Regards

You're saying that the email does no have the attachment when it arrives?  Are you using the PHP mail() function to send it?  Why not show us the mail portion instead of whatever that php code is trying to do?

PS - sending an att. with the mail() function is pretty hard.  Try switching to PHPMailer.  Much easier to use and fairly simple to install.

Thank for ur reply.

I am using email pipe, with SQL based.

I'm using it like this

<?php
$id = $_POST['id'];
$pdo = new PDO("sqlite:mydb.db");
$email = $pdo->query("SELECT * FROM `emails` WHERE `id`='$id'")->fetch(PDO::FETCH_ASSOC);

$email_body = base64_decode($email['message']);

$letter_html = "";
//$op_getKey = preg_match_all("/Content-Type: multipart\/alternative; boundary=\"(.*?)\"/", $email_body, $getKey);
//$op_getKey = preg_match_all("/alternative; boundary=\"(.*)\"/", $email_body, $getKey);
$op_getKey = preg_match_all("/boundary=\"(.*)\"/", $email_body, $getKey);
//$has_attachment = preg_match_all("/multipart\/mixed/; boundary=\"(.*?)\"/", $email_body, $attachment);
$has_attachment = preg_match_all("/multipart\/mixed/", $email_body, $attachment);
if ($op_getKey) {
	if ($has_attachment) {
		$mailParts = explode("--" . $getKey[1][1], $email_body);
		$attachParts = explode("--" . $getKey[1][0], $email_body);

$get_attach_name=preg_match_all("/filename=\"(.*?)\"/", $attachParts[2], $attach_name);
		$get_attach_type=preg_match_all("/Content-Type: (.*?);/", $attachParts[2], $attach_type);
		$pure_code = explode("\n\n",$attachParts[2]);
		$pure_code = str_replace("\r","",$pure_code[1]);
		$pure_code = str_replace("\n","",$pure_code);
	}else{
		$mailParts = explode("--" . $getKey[1][0], $email_body);
	}
	 	//$letter_text = str_replace('Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"', '', $mailParts[1]);
		//echo $letter_text;

$the_mail = $mailParts[2];

$to_replace = array(
		'Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8"',
		'Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8',
		'Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8"',
		'Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8',
		'Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"',
		'Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1',
		'Content-Type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1"',
		'Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1',
		'Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"',
	);

foreach ($to_replace as $k => $v) {
		$the_mail = str_replace($to_replace[$k], '', $the_mail);
	}

//$the_mail = str_replace('Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8"', '', $the_mail);
	  //$the_mail = str_replace('Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8', '', $the_mail);
	  //$the_mail = str_replace('Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8"', '', $the_mail);
	  //$the_mail = str_replace('Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8', '', $the_mail);
	  //$the_mail = str_replace('Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"', '', $the_mail);
	  //$the_mail = str_replace('Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1', '', $the_mail);
	  //$the_mail = str_replace('Content-Type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1"', '', $the_mail);
	  //$the_mail = str_replace('Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1', '', $the_mail);

if (preg_match_all("/Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable/", $the_mail, $mailToDecode)) {
		$message_to_decode = str_replace('Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable', '', $the_mail);
		$letter_html = quoted_printable_decode($message_to_decode);
	}elseif(preg_match_all("/Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64/", $the_mail, $mailToDecode)){
		$message_to_decode = str_replace('\r', '', $the_mail);
		$message_to_decode = str_replace('\n', '', $message_to_decode);
		$message_to_decode = str_replace('Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64', '', $message_to_decode);
		$letter_html = base64_decode($message_to_decode);
		// $letter_html = $message_to_decode;
	} else {
		$letter_html = $the_mail;
	}
	// echo $letter_html;
} else {

$mailParts = explode("\n\n", $email_body);

foreach ($mailParts as $k => $v) {
		if ($k > 0) {
			$letter_html .= $v . "\n\n";
		}
	}

if(preg_match_all("/Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64/", $email_body, $mailToDecode)){
		$message_to_decode = str_replace('\r', '', $letter_html);
		$message_to_decode = str_replace('\n', '', $message_to_decode);
		$letter_html = base64_decode($message_to_decode);

// $letter_html = $message_to_decode;
	}

}
?>

And I call it like this

<strong><?=$lang[$xlang][5]?></strong>: <a target="_blank" href="https://site.com/<?=$attach_type[1][0]?>;base64,<?=$pure_code?>"><?=$attach_name[1][0]?></a>

When I send an email to my website to receive the email, the anex doesn't work (the link) on my website.. can not download..

Ok - you have a script that is receiving piped emails.  I get that.  So - what does your script do with this email?  Attempt to read thru it line by line?  Are you using your very own code or are you using some kind of class or external processor to gather certain data from it?  And what is 'anex'?  Do you know how to handle an email that has attachments?  Very complex for a beginner.  You should probably read up on the structure of an email if that is the case.

One thing you could do would be to read the email and compose a simple text file of what you are getting and save it.  Then you could look at the text file to see how you did.  Plus you could add stuff to that text output to help you debug what your script is doing for you.

Archived