Where to start with a map journey percentage? jQuery, Ajax, other?

ericburnard

Apologies if this is in the wrong sub forum, I literally have no idea where to start with this as it's something that I haven't tried or even looked at doing before.

Unfortunately I cannot get hold of my webguy I worked with on a project a while ago (on a 6 month trip through the Nepalese mountain! Lucky guy!) He created a map for a project with a line across it which can be changed depending on how far a client has traveled across the map (see image). I am wanting to create something similar for a personal project but for an individual state but I have no idea where to even start. I have googled for what I think it could be explained as and I cannot find anything. 

I not asking for a full blown solution (unless you want to be so helpful :D ) But if you know of any tutorials, pages or what parts of a language i should have a look at it would be very very much appreciated!

Eric

post-56270-0-30065200-1506457072_thumb.jpg

So you have code you can look at and ideally make some modifications to, or even just reuse if it's well written modular code, yet you want to reinvent this from scratch? I think it's clear that you should start with the code you have and figure out how it works.

Archived