why 'i' means minuites in PHP date format?

tangar

Sorry for silly question, I tried to google it, but can't find an answer :D

Why there:

date('d-m-Y H:i:s')

'i' means minutes? It has to be 'm', but there is 'month' already, ok.. What does acronym 'i' stands for there?  :DD Which word hides behind this glyph? 

Thanks.

'i' is the ninth letter and the third vowel in the ISO basic Latin alphabet. So that gives you 93. You then take the last number (3) and replicate it giving you 33. When you subtract 33 from 93 that gives you 60. There are 60 seconds in a minute, so that's why seconds is 'i'.

Source: Benanamen

'i' is the ninth letter and the third vowel in the ISO basic Latin alphabet. So that gives you 93. You then take the last number (3) and replicate it giving you 33. When you subtract 33 from 93 that gives you 60. There are 60 seconds in a minute, so that's why seconds is 'i'.

Source: Benanamen

there are 60 minutes in an hour, so that's why minutes is "i".

If it makes you feel better, think of them as "inutes" :}

LOL!

The date format's formatting is confusing and makes no sense. In the past most devs will write a class and do stuff like $date->showMinutes(); Nowadays most people use DateTime class, but if you need to echo the date in one page, you wouldn't initialize a whole class, so date still has to be used with its crazy formatting. 

Archived