Photo

Resize image upload to HTML page

php image

Best Answer requinix, 13 January 2018 - 01:36 AM

You can't make an image smaller and have it look exactly the same. You will lose some quality. You can try a thumbnail but you'll probably come up with a result that looks like the resized one. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jimneely

jimneely
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC - USA

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:23 AM

I have the large image file that I echo into a html page. I do the normal width and height but, the displayed image has lost all detail. I want an image that looks like a smaller version of the original. I am not sure if thumbnail will do the trick.

#2 requinix

requinix
  • Administrators
  • Impoverished Administrator
  • 9,873 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:36 AM   Best Answer

You can't make an image smaller and have it look exactly the same. You will lose some quality. You can try a thumbnail but you'll probably come up with a result that looks like the resized one.
"Basically, I think the general rule of thumb is: if someone really wants the blood that's inside of your body, and they're like a vampire, or a dracula, or some sort of man-squito, then that's probably okay. A dracula and a man-squito are made for removing things like blood and swords from inside your body. That's basically fine. If something wants to get at your blood and they're, say, some kind of murdersaurus, or maybe a really big frog, that's where the problems start to arise. A really big frog is not made for removing blood, and your blood knows this, which is why it is so vehement about wanting to stay in your body instead of coming out. Unfortunately this will not deter a really big frog because a really big frog is full of things like prizes, and value, and quite a lot of hatred, and it would really rather like to replace any and all of those things with your blood, and basically by any means possible." --slumbermancer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users