Hostgator Database Problems, Any suggestions?

Rommeo

Hi,

I have been using Hostgator (shared) for years. Recently, last 4 weeks, almost every week for a day when ever I enter my websites, they give me an error like "Error: No Database Connection", then everytime I contact to Hostgator support and they fix it, but they don't tell me what is really going on with my database system. (They just say my websites are not hacked or something they are doing some update, that is the reason.) So my questions are;

1- What can be the problem that I always have an database connection error and my websites are down for some hours everyweek? (I m not a db expert, so can't figure it out) Is it same with other hostings too? (I have not used any others before)

2- Hostgator users: Do you face this kind of problems too?

3- I have seen the "Web Host List" topic, but i don't know if the list was updated, so I would like to know if you have any hosting suggestions that you don't face this kind of problems.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Archived