Hello!

IanH77

Hello All,

I have recently taken over the management of a site/forum that's written mainly in PHP. I'm pretty familiar with html, css etc though PHP is quite new to me and a bit of a mystery in some ways so I'm likely going to be looking for some assistance..

Ian

Hello All,

Greetings and welcome! :)

I have recently taken over the management of a site/forum that's written mainly in PHP. I'm pretty familiar with html, css etc though PHP is quite new to me and a bit of a mystery in some ways so I'm likely going to be looking for some assistance..

I'm sure you can probably get some help here, if your questions are asked The Smart Way. ;) Many mostly-programmer's sites are a tad reluctant to "do your (home)work for ya" as I'm sure you've probably noted in the past.

All that said, many popular PHP Forum systems have their own user community; for example, vBulletin (vbulletin.org) and phpBB's Community. You'll often get BETTER help from a dedicated forum such as those, if there is indeed such a site for whatever system you're now managing and your question relates directly to the forum software than to PHP as a more abstract scripting language.

Good luck!

Archived