• phpbb v2
    • InvisionFree
    • MyBB
    • SMF
    • XMB
    • Other

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I mean for my fantastico deluxe or whatever. That's the only option. I COULD put all the files in there, but if I just want to download the files directly to my file manager with fantastico, that's my only choice.

I think you can ask your host provider to expand the option (fantatisco script installer) depending on which hosting company you have chosen, or maybe it costs more.

PHPbb all the way my friend. Why buy Vbulletin, when you can get something twice as better for free?

somone asked me to fix there v bulletin once before i was a php professional and was just playing with php at uni and actualy he was from here on php forums and the script is just so crap its so cryptic, well thats what i thoght then, so i hate it even thogh if i look at it now and i can undderstand it better, from what i understand you buy v bul and teh addons youi have to buy too.,

• 2 weeks later...

I voted for SMF as it is the forum software I use on my website I have looked at quite a few of the others but kept coming back to SMF 1.1.5 I did try to install SMF 2 but basically broke everything in the process (thank goodnes for DB Backups)

• 3 months later...

SMF. Simple, fast.

My phpBB experience is that while the software is OK, security issues usually take some time before they are taken care of, and that's a big no-no, in my opinion.

XMB is OK, although it has ended up a far way behind now. It is very easy to customize, which I think is good. I've hacked my XMB to pieces.

• 2 months later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.