Would newer PHP have text only in the db?

Chrisj

I've installed a pre-written cms type PHP web script and am interested in modifying it. I've only worked with earlier versions of PHP, but I'm going thru a learning curve with this one. I'm simply trying to modify some text (on the scripts' log in page, for example, to begin with). The text, as an example, on the displayed log-in page shows:

"You have not signed up for your free account. The registration process is quick and easy....." and that log-in.php file's code led me to my db and the table named 'pages', where in the 'content' column the text that I want to modify appears there "You have not signed up.... In the table's column named 'url' it shows (in the row of the text in question) /pages/login.html.

I've looked around the main script folder for a 'pages' folder without success. Are later versions of php structured to only change text in a related db table? That would be new to me. If so, what is an easy way to modify text there? Or, if there is a 'pages' folder somewhere in the main script folder, is there an easy way to search that main folder for /pages/.. ?

Thanks for any help/enlightenment.

You can write code to create your pages in whatever manner you want. The coding language does not dictate if the text on a page is hard coded within the logic (i.e. PHP), stored in a DB, or pulled in from config files. You are using a pre-built CMS application that someone built. They decided to put the text for the page in the DB. That is why the text is in the DB - not because the language dictated it. Although, one good reason to store static text in a DB is the ability to easily support different languages.

Archived