blank page?!?!?!?!

deadshot270

php: 5.0.3

web server: Apache 2.0.52

ok i just got a new harddrive for my web stuff, i put it in and transferred all my websites to that drive, then i reinstalled php apche and mysql to that hard drive, i reconfigured apache2 and php, i serve several different domains off this server and now whenever i go to any script on any domain i host i get a blank page with no errors or anything, just a big white blank page, help me please

[!--quoteo(post=328691:date=Dec 19 2005, 10:54 PM:name=deadshot270)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(deadshot270 @ Dec 19 2005, 10:54 PM) 328691[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

php: 5.0.3

web server: Apache 2.0.52

ok i just got a new harddrive for my web stuff, i put it in and transferred all my websites to that drive, then i reinstalled php apche and mysql to that hard drive, i reconfigured apache2 and php, i serve several different domains off this server and now whenever i go to any script on any domain i host i get a blank page with no errors or anything, just a big white blank page, help me please

Did you check on the source of the script in your browser? If it's completely blank, then maybe you might want to reconfigure your apache again.

If there is like <html></html>, then maybe there is something wrong with the scripts. Could be your php OR apache.

Make sure that when configuring php, you have to use the '--with-apxs2=/location/of/apache 2/apxs' option.

My installation on linux went like this with PHP 5.1 and Apache 2.0.55:

1) unpacked both php and apache into their appropriate directories.

2) went into the apache directory and did the following configure:

# ./configure --enable-module=so --prefix=/var/www
<stuff here>
# make
# make install

3) backed out and went into my php directory and did the following configure:

# ./configure --with-pgsql=/db [color=red]--with-apxs2=/var/www/bin/apxs[/color] --with-png --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr
# make
<stuff here>
# make test
<stuff here>
# make install
<more stuff>
# cp php.ini-recommended /usr/local/lib/php.ini

The php configuration I did enabled png graphics with gd implementation, PostgreSQL support, and integration into Apache 2's config file (httpd.conf).

In your httpd.conf file, you need to make sure of a few things.

The lines below need to be put somewhere in the file (I put mine right after the Listen statement):

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

LoadModule php5_module modules/libphp5.so

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps

Modify the line of your DirectoryIndex to include php files. Mine's like this:

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

And that's it. Start up your webserver and test it out. On my command prompt, I do this:

# php -r 'echo phpinfo();'
<same info as you would see in a php test file appears here>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.