a suspicious pop-up

ajoo

Hi all, 

I used my localhost after a long time. The embedded flash movie tries to load data from the server via a file called testfest.php when the browser blocks a pop which has this message.

pop up blocked on the page : http://localohost/myproject/undefinedtestfest.php

Does this indicate something malicious? Should I unblock the pop-up and see what happens or maybe that would be unsafe?

If this is suspicious then what should i be checking for ?

Thanks all !

It's your site. Right? I mean, I assume you didn't just download random stuff from the internet, right? So the question whether it's malicious or not would really be best answered by you, right?

Anyways, seeing "undefined" is often a result of a Javascript bug. Look in that.

Hi requinix !!

Thanks for the reply.

You know, at first, I thought the "undefinedtestfest.php" was a file on some remote server trying to do something fishy. Taking a closer look, i assumed that maybe it was a php error, (only that it was a funny way to do it), but then I thought why would the server report something in this manner and not the usual way? But then again I thought since the scripts are invoked through an embedded movie, probably that's why it's displaying in this manner. It never thought that this could be a JS error, probably because I was concerned it maybe someone trying something fishy on my machine through a malicious script.  I'll look into the js.

Thanks loads !

Archived