requinix

COMPLETE - Planned Downtime: May 23rd-24th

Posted (edited)

We'll be taking down the forum Friday May 18th late night PDT to upgrade to IP.Board 4. It's expected to last for a few hours into the 19th since we're currently on IP.Board 3 and there's 5-6 years worth of upgrades to run through.

edit: Can't do it tonight because IPB is silly. I'm missing some files and I can't get them myself. I'm hoping sometime this weekend, otherwise it'll be next week.

edit 2: Upgrade is back on for tonight.

edit 3: I'd like to say it's still early morning but I think that ended an hour or so ago. So it's just "morning" now. But we're done. And the server hasn't cr-- oh no, not going to say that, bad idea.

Edited by requinix

IPB finally added support for an external search service (Elasticsearch) so this time their crappy MySQL search won't bring down the server! Probably.

Nice to hear ... thanks for the heads up!  And I hear you ... switching to Sphinx on OMBE has made a LOT of difference ... :-)

Great News. Thanks for keeping an eye on this.

And now we're ready so it's happening tonight.

Offline in 30 minutes...

Oh. Right. This thing.

/thread

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.