4 replies to this topic

#1 requinix

requinix
  • Administrators
  • Impoverished Administrator
  • 9,874 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:48 PM

We'll be taking down the forum Friday May 18th late night PDT to upgrade to IP.Board 4. It's expected to last for a few hours into the 19th since we're currently on IP.Board 3 and there's 5-6 years worth of upgrades to run through.

edit: Can't do it tonight because IPB is silly. I'm missing some files and I can't get them myself. I'm hoping sometime this weekend, otherwise it'll be next week.

Edited by requinix, 19 May 2018 - 05:19 AM.

"Basically, I think the general rule of thumb is: if someone really wants the blood that's inside of your body, and they're like a vampire, or a dracula, or some sort of man-squito, then that's probably okay. A dracula and a man-squito are made for removing things like blood and swords from inside your body. That's basically fine. If something wants to get at your blood and they're, say, some kind of murdersaurus, or maybe a really big frog, that's where the problems start to arise. A really big frog is not made for removing blood, and your blood knows this, which is why it is so vehement about wanting to stay in your body instead of coming out. Unfortunately this will not deter a really big frog because a really big frog is full of things like prizes, and value, and quite a lot of hatred, and it would really rather like to replace any and all of those things with your blood, and basically by any means possible." --slumbermancer

#2 cyberRobot

cyberRobot
  • Moderators
  • Much to Learn
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:36 PM

Here's hoping everything goes smoothly!  :happy-04:

#3 requinix

requinix
  • Administrators
  • Impoverished Administrator
  • 9,874 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:17 PM

IPB finally added support for an external search service (Elasticsearch) so this time their crappy MySQL search won't bring down the server! Probably.
"Basically, I think the general rule of thumb is: if someone really wants the blood that's inside of your body, and they're like a vampire, or a dracula, or some sort of man-squito, then that's probably okay. A dracula and a man-squito are made for removing things like blood and swords from inside your body. That's basically fine. If something wants to get at your blood and they're, say, some kind of murdersaurus, or maybe a really big frog, that's where the problems start to arise. A really big frog is not made for removing blood, and your blood knows this, which is why it is so vehement about wanting to stay in your body instead of coming out. Unfortunately this will not deter a really big frog because a really big frog is full of things like prizes, and value, and quite a lot of hatred, and it would really rather like to replace any and all of those things with your blood, and basically by any means possible." --slumbermancer

#4 dalecosp

dalecosp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:09 PM

Nice to hear ... thanks for the heads up!  And I hear you ... switching to Sphinx on OMBE has made a LOT of difference ... :-)

"God doesn't play dice" --- Albert Einstein
"Perl is hardly a paragon of beautiful syntax." --- Weedpacket

#5 gizmola

gizmola
  • Administrators
  • Advanced Member
  • 4,722 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA USA

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:42 PM

Great News. Thanks for keeping an eye on this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users