Hide address bar directory in hosting.

EmmanuelCorrea

And your question is...?

If you want to know how you can hide URLs from the browser, you cannot. If you want to know how you can hide your code from the browser then... then I don't know what to say to that because it's a silly question.

You need to express yourself better.  The terms you are using are not very specific and don't tell us what you want to do.

Going with your original post here are some things in reply:

you can't 'hide' your root directory.  What would be the point of it anyway?  That is your website's primary focus, or what should be.

'hide php classes'?  As you know php doesn't show up on your web pages - it is processed on your server and the output of that is html/js/css code, not php code.  Unless you are talking about people using an ftp client to access your root folder which if possible indicates a serious lack of security in your entire web site.

Please clarify:  'a hosting'.  What do you define those words to mean?

Also:  what is the 'it' in the following:  'When I access it'.

See what I mean about your post?  Not very clear as to what you so plainly can see in front of you but which we cannot.

It is hard to understand what you mean.  Can you clarify your question?  Are you talking about using an IDE to access your site source files?   If so, which one?  Are you using an FTP client?  Often clients and IDE that support remote access to files have ways to configure the home directory for a site.  I interpreted your question to be along those lines.

9 hours ago, gizmola said:

It is hard to understand what you mean.  Can you clarify your question?  Are you talking about using an IDE to access your site source files?   If so, which one?  Are you using an FTP client?  Often clients and IDE that support remote access to files have ways to configure the home directory for a site.  I interpreted your question to be along those lines.

My website shows something like that. www.school.com/index/welcome.php, what I want to achieve is to show only www.school.com/index.

You misunderstood my question.  What webserver are you using?  Rewrites are typically supported by the webserver itself, so it's important to know if you are using PHP with Apache (typically with mod_php) or using PHP with Nginx  (typically using php-fpm).

Archived