winSCP: how to port over all the data / credentials from one installation to another

dil_bert

hello dear all,

want to move winscp from one machine to another.

question: how to portover all the data / credentials from one installation to another

what happened:  ive installed a new winscp on a new machine.

now i want to port over from a notebook that i use for years now.

the issue, how to port the credentials / profile to another installatin - is there a apropiate way?

love to hear from you

hello dear Requinix

many thanks - great:

followed this link.

https://winscp.net/eng/docs/config#transfer

Exporting/Backing up the Configuration

to export/back up your configuration, go to Tools > Export/Backup configuration on Login dialog.

well i did this - and was able to save a file called winSCP.ini

question : is this the whole magic!?

in other words: do i have with this saved file all i need.

and yes: if i port over this file to the new machine - into the apropiate folder - with a import dialog   - is this all i need to do?

love to hear from  you

greetings

the link. https://winscp.net/eng/docs/config#transfer

Not sure I understand you. It is telling you how to export and import the configuration. Are you asking me if the documentation is wrong? If there's something important that they somehow neglected to mention?

58 minutes ago, requinix said:

hello dear requinix

many thanks - all went well - in the file winSCP.ini  all the necessary data is included.

58 minutes ago, requinix said:

Not sure I understand you. It is telling you how to export and import the configuration. Are you asking me if the documentation is wrong? If there's something important that they somehow neglected to mention?

many many thanks for all your help

Archived