file name change help

elentz

I am looking for a way to take a "default" file and create copies of the default file and rename with the entries in a list in a text file.  I will have about 100 entries in the list.

Fishing for ideas.  

Thanks

No code yet I am looking for suggestions.  I have a common config file that I will need to rename many times the common file name would change but the extension would stay the same.  I will only need to do this once (I hope)

Sounds an interesting use case.  All in the same folder?  'Cause if the path is different, "config.php" (or 'myApp.ini' or something similar) at least has the distinction of being an appropriate name for a configuration file.

I once created 65 sites in one day using logic files, templates, and a config munger that changed "config.php" to contain appropriate defaults for the DOCROOT they were in.  One of my proud "not proud" moments, I guess. ??

ginerjim

Yes

It is  a config file to tell a phone to go get updated firmware.  The phone will only use its mac .cfg as its file.  So I can make a "Master.cfg" file and I will have a list of mac addresses  will need to be used to create individual .cfg files.  All the files will be in the same directory when done.  this is a PIA to say the least.

Archived