Date time comparisons

Paul-D

Thanks for these. These are useful functions but in my case I am extracting to date time values from different tables not in the same SQL so I think I need a PHP solution.

$a = "2018-08-26 12:20:00"

$b = "2018-08-27 13:30:05"

So $c would be either 1 day : 1 hour: 10 minutes: and 5 seconds OR 25 hours 10 minutes: 5 seconds.

Sorry not so strait forward.

Oh, you want to do this in PHP.

One big question here: what about DST? In the US it will end Nov 4. If you had two dates, Nov 3 12pm and Nov 4 12pm, would you want the result to be 24 hours (because that's what it looks like) or 25 hours (because that's the actual difference)?

29 minutes ago, Paul-D said:

These are useful functions but in my case I am extracting to date time values from different tables not in the same SQL so I think I need a PHP solution.

That shouldn't matter. You could run a query to get the first date/time and assign the value to a PHP variable. In your second query you could execute the TIMEDIFF() function where one argument is the PHP variable created earlier. The other argument would be the other date/time.

Archived