Do you suggest to use any php framework instead of raw/regular php?

colap

Hmmm...  Since an Administrator of this very-helpful forum says not to use Zend, I would heed that advice.   Personally I've never even considered a framework at all.  My coding is on small discrete projects for my personal use so going thru a learning process with any framework is really counterproductive for me.   What kind of workload do you plan on supporting?  Will the 'learning process' be worth the time to you?  I think that should be your first consideration.

4 hours ago, ginerjm said:

Hmmm...  Since an Administrator of this very-helpful forum says not to use Zend, I would heed that advice.

Hey now, being an admin doesn't mean I'm infallible. I just means I have the keys to the kingdom. I'm a normal PHP developer like just about everyone else here.

I suggest avoiding Zend because it's over-engineered, and that makes it complicated and bloated. The PHP industry has moved towards simpler frameworks that don't try to do everything you need out of the box. Routing, MVC, and database abstraction are the main focus, and the rest is about providing a foundation to build the application from.

I've become fond of Symfony over the last few years.  I find it relatively simple to get started with, yet still highly customizable/usable when you start wanting to do advanced stuff.

I haven't given Laravel a shot since a few years ago, but back then I wasn't a huge fan of it then.

I've also never personally used Zend, but have had to debug/modify some applications that did use it and it's a nightmare.  I'm with requinix, avoid it.

I'm with Kicken.  Laravel has a lot of heat, but I'm partial to Symfony.  Also in regards to NotionCommotion's comment, the focus of Symfony's recent release was adding in options to reduce the initial footprint of the framework and make it more ala-cart.  

Archived