Fedora28/PHP not loading (some) additional modules

I am testing out a Fedora28 platform for a possible replacement for my webtrees server.   I have Fedora28 installed in a VirtualBox VM and have a working LAMP configuration.  When I open the webtrees URL to do the install, I am getting the message that several needed modules are disabled (pdo, pdo_mysql and gd).  I installed those modules and have confirmed that they are located in the same directory as the other modules ( usr/lib64/php/modules).   I checked their respective .ini files in the php.d directory and updated each with the statement extension=modulename (i.e. extension=gd).  After both restarting Apache and rebooting the VM I am still getting the same error messages from webtrees.  Not sure what else to check.

Configuration:  OS=Fedora28, Apache=2.4, PHP=7.2.9

P.S. All installs done with the default repositories.

UPDATE:  I had originally did a find to ensure that the modules were located in the same directory - just now listed the files (ls) in the directory and noticed that the modules in question have a 0 (zero) file length so it would appear the install did not complete properly - am now going to look into why that is the case.

UPDATE2:  Reinstalled the three modules.  All filesizes now greater than zero.  Restarted http and attempted to open the webtrees URL for the install - advised that gd and php_mysql still not enabled.  Checked their respective .ini and each does have the extension statement for the module.  Not sure what to check next.

Archived