"Topic Solved" Mod!

ober

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,118755.0.html

Please mark your threads as "solved" using the link at the bottom of the thread.  It'll help everyone to know which threads still need to be looked at!

Thanks!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great.

Altho I do have a suggestion.. it might be anoying - unless there's another smart way to do this - but how about asking the user if the topic has been resolved, when posting the second post in said topic. I tend to forget to change my title to [RESOLVED] or whatever, so I'm sure I'll forget to click a link aswell.

Other than that, wonderful mod.

[quote author=heckenschutze link=topic=118758.msg486037#msg486037 date=1166263339]
irken, that would become VERY annoying for some users.
[/quote]

Yeah I know hehe. But perhaps it could be done without the use of a popup. Place the text somewhere closer to the user rather than all the way at the bottom, under the bottom menu.

• 3 weeks later...
everyone needs to use it, becauase it get too annoying, when you are looking through a 3 page thread, to find that it had been solved, as i have done a few times.  Ive taken to useing it on everythread ive done....

should there also be  an option after 3 days of having no nswer to a thread, to mark in red text, instead of the usual colors, so that people realise its been overlooked?????

[quote author=PC Nerd link=topic=118758.msg499536#msg499536 date=1168232331]
should there also be  an option after 3 days of having no nswer to a thread, to mark in red text, instead of the usual colors, so that people realise its been overlooked?????
[/quote]

Well, what about those people that 'forgot' to close it? Personally, my eyes would get sore after a while, of trying to look through to see if it had been solved or not.

[i]Normally[/i], people won't go past the 2nd page (which normally are topics a day old)

Why not just add it to the Reply page also. This way if the admin,moderator or user that wrote the main topic replies to the thread, they see a checkbox at the bottom that says mark this topic as solved. Then when they make a post, it will mark the topic as solved. It really does not have to be a BIG mod, but just change the title of the topic to [Resolved] {original name}. This mod should be able to be inserted in about 10 mins.

[quote author=Crayon Violent link=topic=118758.msg514132#msg514132 date=1169833575]
the topic solved button only appears in certain forums. However, just for S&G, please tell us what forum your thread is in, that you are having issues with, so we can investigate and make sure the permissions are properly set.
[/quote]

I just posted in this forum (PHP Help) and I don't see a topic solved button. :(

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.