"Topic Solved" Mod!

ober

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
[quote author=yuckysocks link=topic=118758.msg871951#msg871951 date=1208871019]
Ok, but right around now, people are putting up "solved" posts. Is this feature now included? How are these showing up?
[/quote]

Yes it is. At the bottom of the page you'll see the topic solved button on topics you've started. It's where the moderation options would be if you were a moderator or an administrator.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

yeah, daniel i just saw that topic.

I checked my previous topic in that forum and the topic solved link is there now! as you can see from my screen shot, it wasnt before. :S well, get rid of my screen shot for that then!

that was really odd...

Here is a suggestion.

It would be nice to put a small icon next to the topic title for "Topic solved" on the forum index. It would be more visible and easier to access for a user that posted a topic to click that icon and mark topic as solved.

Right now, there is a lot users that don't click "Topic solved" and I think this could reduce number of those users.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

is ther any chance you can get the topic solved button to be more visible? I always go for the topic solved when my question has been solved and I have to say I always find it hard to find (no pun intended)

I would highly recomend making it more visible as it is far to easy to miss, otherwise a great feature on a great forum.

regards

wayne

• 5 weeks later...

why not put a link on the last post of every topic for the solved button.  then when the last post is made the topic solved button can be easily seen an pressed.  if it is not the last post then it can be left unchecked.  when a new post is made the link is removed from the last post and put on the latest one to be posted

yes slightly actually have it in the post so it would look something like.  this is the last post that will be made on a topic then put the button over there.

Topic solved

I think the person who made the mod probably considers it to be a moderator action, so it's put on the moderator toolbar on the bottom left, instead of the "Reply, Notify, etc..." toolbar on the bottom right.  I mean,  you can set permissions on it to allow just the OP to mark it, anybody can mark it, or specific groups. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I must be blind, but I have searched the entire thread of a thread I started and would like to mark as solved but I can not find any button, link or otherwise that indicates the ability to mark the thread as solved.

Do you have to be at a certain level of expertise? Or does it have to be a thread you started?

I'm perplexed! :-\

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.