"Topic Solved" Mod!

ober

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Nice Feature.

I did have one thought while I was clicking on the link.  It would be nice if there was a way to say what person solved the issue.  Then have maybe under the total post a counter for "Saves"

I was thinking about this because it would be nice to give the people who helped me out on my issue some kind of props, they deserve it. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Love the Topic Solved mod...

I wonder if there would be a way to implement a 'Topic Still Unsolved' Mod,

Basically, when you have 0 replies to your thread, alot of peeps feel pretty good to get the 1st reply in or if no one answered the thread and its starting to get old, people seem to feel good that other people couldnt answer the question and they throw in their reply. Basically get alot of noob answers and your thread gets lost because it looks like someone replied to your post on the thread listing page.  I dunno about you guys but i also like replying to threads which only have no replies yet.

Would be cool for a checkbox that when checked gives thread a title '[STILL UNSOLVED] thread title' so when you bump the thread, people know its still open. But their would need to be user motivation to get it solved like a ticket system otherwise would have alot of topics still unsolved even if someone solved it. Maybe an email is sent every couple days while it is still open, telling user to close it. Becomes annoying to user so he will go and update it. For those people with emails they never check or email filters, you can also try to notify them when they login, to can change the state of the 'ticket' to 'Topic Solved' or 'UNSOLVED... But Eh, Dont Care Anymore'.

just a thought :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Here's an idea for resolved/unresolved. It's kinda complicated though.

I sign in and all MY unresolved topics are at the top of the list in another color, say green. If I don't look at them for say a week, they become an annoying color, light bright yellow and a message asking if topic is resolved. All other users see my topics like normal.

Something else...
After I read this section, I resolved one of my topics. BUT, after I posted my thanks, I had to re-enter the posts and hit the resolved tab. It would of been better if I could of marked it as resolved as I was making my 'thanks' post. If I overlooked it, mea culpa mea culpa.

If you want to make any feature suggestions about the board you should point them toward [url=http://www.simplemachines.org/]simple machines[/url]. We don't make any modifications and try not to add to many mods to the board.

well frankly, im not a fan of smf, although a simple class change to "newreply.class" should add

add a checkbox controlling "thread.solved" with default value off, and spawn it using "build.post" underneath "Additional." and it should show up fine and contorl the solving.

• 1 month later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.