MS Frontpage 2002 - stop import from changing hyperlink text.

Any questions about using FrontPage are irrelevant. That application is severely outdated. The only thing you should be doing with it is deleting it from your system and getting current with one of the numerous modern editors available both free or paid.

@requinix The standard import function of Frontpage alters the hyperlinks to file://  I was only wanting to continue using what I have always used but have it save the page as is.  If this is not possible with Frontpage then I am looking for a replacement tools, preferably free as it is rarely used, that will not alter the file content.  As I have to go in to each file and change it back to the correct link, which takes ages if there are lots of files.

Yes from a website, I on the rare occasion import someones website to rework it, but they do not have access to the actual files as their provider only gives admin rights to create/edit the site not take an offline backup.  They have some of their original images but not all as they site is very old.  So looking for a basic import website software that leaves it all as is.

But... if there's a way for them to upload files then there must be a way for them to download files too. Are you saying that these people only have some sort of "upload website" tool and that's it? No way to see existing files?

How do they upload and delete stuff?

We are off on a tangent....  They use website builder that does not offer back or access to very much.  The point is that I am just after a way to grab 'all' pages without having to save each one manually and try finding the others I may have missed.  Frontpage does it, but I have then go in each and every file to change the links before I can start anything. 

Right. The point I'm trying to make is that you shouldn't have to go through all this work to duplicate the website: if people can upload files then they should also be able to download files, and if they can download files then that's exactly what you want.

I'll just give it another question or two. Do these people have FTP access to their website or are they truly limited to this builder thing?

Archived