Changing the domain name of a php web script

I am purchasing a web script and will be installing it on my host server where I have two domain accounts, and the domains are resolved to the server.
I asked the developer if I decided to change the domain name, at some point after install, what I could do, and was told to make the change it the config.php file. 
After I make that change, and I make the changes needed in WHM/cPanel, besides copying the db over, what else would need to be done to have a complete domain change?

Thanks for your reply.
Another question, when you typically purchase a web script, and go through the install process, it has you enter some info along the way - see attached image - where you're instructed to enter the purchase code, url, sql info, etc. My question is if the script is already downloaded on my pc how can it check for a correct Purchase code?

install.png

1 minute ago, Chrisj said:

My question is if the script is already downloaded on my pc how can it check for a correct Purchase code?

Varies greatly. I suspect what you downloaded is more of an installer than the actual script - you enter code and configuration information, it'll download the actual script, and configure and install it.

29 minutes ago, benanamen said:

You should make sure the code is not encoded by Zend Guard or similar or you wont be able to do any modifications.

Please don't suggest to people that they bypass code protections. There should not be a need to make those kinds of modifications anyways - the configuration will likely be somewhere simple and easy to edit.

Archived