sftp> ls -la : command for login to a remote Server

dil_bert

dear Barand,

Well -  since i have issues with establishing the connection with

a. filezilla
b. commandline

which other client can be user for establishing a connection ? Are there some alternatives to Filezilla ?

`sftp -oPort=625 vhost@www2.myserver.org > ls -la`

[/CODE]

with that command i should be able to test a connection to the server

well i cannot log with Filezilla - but the keys seem to fit says the serveradmin which looks after the server and the backend

[CODE]`sftp -oPort=625 vhost@www2.myserver.org > ls -la`

[/CODE]

see the login attempt
	[CODE]

[martin@martin-pc ~]$ sftp -oPort=625 vhost@www2.myserver.org > ls -la

The authenticity of host '[www2.myserver.org]:625 ([122.33.23.132]:625)' can't be established.

ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:QnvM/fbCDI6OnGsssssdddvXmIl9wauxh8XM5dcdddfr44Q.

Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? y

Please type 'yes' or 'no': yes

Warning: Permanently added '[www2.myserver.org]:625,[122.33.23.132]:625' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.

vhost@www2.myserver.org: Permission denied (publickey).

Connection closed

Connection closed.  

[martin@martin-pc ~]$

[/CODE]

regarding the establishing of an SSH -  based connection:

cf;: the login with SSH: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-use-sftp-to-securely-transfer-files-with-a-remote-server

You will connect the the remote system and your prompt will change to an SFTP prompt. if you are working on a custom SSH port (not the default port 22), then you can open an SFTP session as follows:

sftp -oPort=custom_port sammy@your_server_ip_or_remote_hostname

note: i work in a custom port

**question:** which other client can be user for establishing a connection ? Are there some alternatives to Filezilla ?

Archived