Sign in to follow this  
dil_bert

ATOM: Terminal stays blank no entry possible - no command - no nothing

running ATOM editor in Manjaro linux version 18xy

well : the terminal stays blank no entry possible - no command - no nothing! see the image. -

to ber frank - i have no clue why this is so…

a very very strange behavior - what can i do1?=

ps guess that the machine is to slow &/ weak!?

terminal_1.png

good evening

i am on asus notebook :: 

asus a 54 with a i3 cpu

well if this has to do with some performance issues -

+ can i do some measures - on commandline?
+ can i have a closer look at the logfiles?
+ can i do some other things!?

love to hear from you

yours dilbert_one

guess so that i have the same behaviour like this bug description is talkin about

https://github.com/atom/atom/issues/14739

This is happening for months its freaking annoying!
Editor is not responding every time I close atom with files left opened and then I try to open it again, the editor is stuck I always have to clear the state to fix this!

Steps to Reproduce

1. Open some large project files 4-5 with over 10000 lines of code
  2. Close the editor
  3. Restart PC
  4. Open atom from the desktop link
  5. Atom is stuck

I expect atom to work

Atom gets stuck and its not responding

99.99%

did a complete fresh setup of Atom

ATOM - fresh setup: with terminal plus : only cursor blinks - no commands etc etx possible

additionallly installed and set up Terminal-Plus

only the cursor blinks - but i cannot run any comands like comit etc. etx#

do i need to do further customization or what should i do!?

for example i cannot run any commands like the following:

git config --global user.email "xyz…bla bla ba "
git config --global user.name "bla bla bla "

Edited by dil_bert

Try platformio-ide-terminal instead. Does it work?

Hello dear gizmola - many many thanks

will do that - i will try out  platformio-ide-terminal

guess that this - platformio-ide-terminal  is a very very good package with a sustainable developmet.

and i also  will try out the following packet
termination

https://atom.io/packages/termination

A terminal package for Atom, complete with themes, API and more. Forked from platformio-ide-terminal. terminal-plus was a much-loved Atom terminal program but its maintenance has slowed down and bugs remain unfixed... termination is here to give you an almost-identical tool that is being actively developed!

again many many thanks dear gizmola - i come back and report all the findings

have a great day.

Edited by dil_bert

update:  termination  - damit geht es

A terminal package for Atom, complete with themes, API and more. Fork of platformio-ide-terminal.

zunächst schon mal auf dem win xp system welches ich vorhin probeweise mal aufgesetzt habe:

Windows PowerShell

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

PS C:\Users\Heike\Documents\__aaa__calendar
[/CODE]

nacher teste ich das noch auf dem linux-system (manjaro)

2 hours ago, dil_bert said:

i was successful wit the following package:
https://atom.io/packages/termination
A terminal package for Atom, complete with themes, API and more. Fork of platformio-ide-terminal.

runs on the newly installed win xp system

Windows PowerShell

i wil do some tests later the day on the linux-system (manjaro)

Hello dear gizmola - many many thanks

2 hours ago, dil_bert said:

[QUOTE]A terminal package for Atom, complete with themes, API and more. Fork of platformio-ide-terminal.
[/QUOTE]

zunächst schon mal auf dem win xp system welches ich vorhin probeweise mal aufgesetzt habe:

[CODE]Windows PowerShell

[/CODE]

[QUOTE]A terminal package for Atom, complete with themes, API and more. Fork of platformio-ide-terminal.
[/QUOTE]

[CODE]Windows PowerShell

[/CODE]

hello dear all

well termiation is a fork of terminal-plus -

well i installeed termination

favicon.icoAtom
AWIP.svg

termination

this works perfect on a windows - installation but not on my manjaro linux system

what can i do

sorry for the confusion - i have poetd twice...

4 hours ago, dil_bert said:

hello dear all

well termiation is a fork of terminal-plus -

well i installeed termination

favicon.icoAtom

AWIP.svg

termination

this works perfect on a windows - installation but not on my manjaro linux system

what can i do

termination ist ein fork von
- terminal-plus und sehr nah dran an
- platformio-ide-terminal

danPadric Dec '17

G’day @danPadric - termination maintainer here. :slight_smile: . You’re right, termination is very close to platformio-ide-terminal. Most of the code is the same (we’re a fork, after all), although I’ve made a few changes and we have a few more themes and other goodies than they do.
The biggest difference is the appearance. I’d loved the look of the old terminal-plus package, of which platformio-ide-terminal is a fork. When terminal-plus was not longer maintained I tried moving to pio-terminal. I didn’t like the appearance, though, especially since it’s designed to fit in more with PlatformIO-IDE instead of the native Atom style. (No offense meant to the wonderful chaps at PlatformIO - we just happen to have different visions of what we want our terminal plugins to look like.) So I forked their code, made it look as close to terminal-plus as I could, and published Termination. And let’s just say it’s been an interesting ride since I’ve still not gotten a good grasp of coffeescript. 😁
TL;DR: under the hood they’re almost the same… it’s the appearance that’s most different between the two.

ddd

https://discuss.atom.io/t/terminal-inside-atom/50233/10

danPadric Dec '17

G’day @danPadric - termination maintainer here. :slight_smile: . You’re right, termination is very close to platformio-ide-terminal. Most of the code is the same (we’re a fork, after all), although I’ve made a few changes and we have a few more themes and other goodies than they do.

The biggest difference is the appearance. I’d loved the look of the old terminal-plus package, of which platformio-ide-terminal is a fork. When terminal-plus was not longer maintained I tried moving to pio-terminal. I didn’t like the appearance, though, especially since it’s designed to fit in more with PlatformIO-IDE instead of the native Atom style. (No offense meant to the wonderful chaps at PlatformIO - we just happen to have different visions of what we want our terminal plugins to look like.) So I forked their code, made it look as close to terminal-plus as I could, and published Termination. And let’s just say it’s been an interesting ride since I’ve still not gotten a good grasp of coffeescript. 😁

TL;DR: under the hood they’re almost the same… it’s the appearance that’s most different between the two.

https://discuss.atom.io/t/terminal-inside-atom/50233/10

danPadric Dec '17

Edited by dil_bert

sorry - for the doulbe posting...

😁

Terminal inside ATOM

Edited by dil_bert