a editor - capable to compare different code-fragments / languages

dil_bert

good day,

looking for an editor - capable to compare different code-fragments / languages.

i need to have an option to compare three or more differnt languages of the __same__ text corpus ( chunk) and to do some corrections

special needs and aspects:

- each change that is applied to one text should be done and applied on the other languages too.

- which editor can help here - what should i do ?

- which approach is most appropiate!?

love to hear from you

hello  dear requinix

first of all - many thanks for the quick review.

no - i do not need a tool that does a translation - i need to have a tool that supports the comparison of texts that the comparison of texts that are shown in

__ separated:__ windows - e.g. side by side

i guess that VIM can do this

jEdit is suppoesd to do this too

well i do some further investigations to get more insights.

hello dear all :

i did some investigations - and have found Atom-meld:

https://atom.io/packages/atom-meld

Atom Meld
Diff with external tool Meld
A editor-plugin - capable to compare different code-fragments / languageslooking for an editor
- capable to compare different code-fragments / languages.
what is wanted: i need to have an option to compare three or more differnt languages of the same text corpus ( chunk) and to do some corrections

well i guess that atom-meld is made for me!

see an image

Settings
Meld Arguments
Set Command Line Arguments to pass to Meld. Default --auto-compare
Meld Path
Default meld. For Windows either add Meld to your PATH and use meld or input the full path C:\Program Files (x86)\Meld\Meld.exe

Commands
Command     Description     Keymap
atom-meld:diff-from-file-file     Active File with File from System     alt-m
atom-meld:diff-from-file-tab     Active File with Open Tab     ctrl-alt-m/ctrl-cmd-m
atom-meld:diff-from-tab-active     Selected Tab with Active File     
atom-meld:diff-from-tab-file     Selected Tab with File from System     
atom-meld:diff-from-tab-tab     Selected Tab with Open Tab     
atom-meld:diff-from-tree-active     Selected File from Tree View with Active File     
atom-meld:diff-from-tree-file     Selected File from Tree View with File from System     
atom-meld:diff-from-tree-tab     Selected File from Tree View with Open Tab     

the main question is:  How can I compare similar documents side by side?

well i try to explain what it is good for: I'd like to be able to scroll down simultaneously, so I can easily copy changes from one document to another document.
I'm trying to copy and after copy to incorporate the redlined edits from the two separately redlined documents.

Question: is this possible - can i do that: I want to have two redlinde documentes that were redlined from the same original document.

what is it good for:

Imagine you have some co-authors or reviewers who collaborate with you writing your original document. One day you send out copies of your document to all reviewers. You ask them to edit the copy and send it back.

With windows: with windows we are able to use the Snap-tool: with windows we can do it with the two versions open, - then we can hit the Windows key (also known as the flying flag thing)
Within this tool - we are able to use the so called right or left arrow to navigate.

procedure: One of the documents will go to that side of the screen - so we are able to use the so called right or left arrow to navigate. And on the other handside the other part of the document will be presented in the empty space of the screen. We can click it and it will fill it in on the screen. With that procedure both windows will work very good: they are almost automatically resized to fit. even better: we can adjust the view and also zoom into the document - untill to that end that we are able to see all the text, Well finally we can use the Win key and besides that the up or down arrow.

with libreoffice: see the link  https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Comparing_Versions_of_a_Document

Normally, the reviewers enable change tracking by Edit - Track Changes - Record Changes and you can easily see the changes.
If one of the authors has made changes to a document without recording them, you can compare the changed document to your original document.

Open the reviewer's document and then choose Edit - Compare Document.
    You should always start with opening the newer document and compare it with the older document.
    A file selection dialog appears. Select your older original document and confirm the dialog.
    LibreOffice combines both documents into the reviewer's document. All text passages that occur in the reviewer's document but not in the original are identified as having been inserted, and all text passages that got deleted by the reviewer are identified as deletions.
    You can now accept or reject the insertions and deletions. At the end you may save the reviewer's document as a new original with a new name.

well - i guess that i will give lo a try

Archived