GMP extension installed on server but the site doesn't recognize it.

imgrooot

This is going to seem like a long shot. I've been trying to figure this out all night and still no luck. Perhaps someone more experienced can tell me why it's not working.

I have a CloudNX server with fasthosts.co.uk. I have installed a GMP extension on the WHM panel using EasyApache 4.  Now I even tried adding "extension=gmp.so" in the php.ini file of both WHM and the cPanel where the website is located.

But no matter what, my site gives me an error like this. Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'GMP extension seems not to be installed' in

I am using this API https://block.io/api/simple/php . It requires GMP extension. It works great on my local server. I have no issue with GMP extension there. 

So does anyone have a clue as to what I might be doing wrong and how I can fix this?

Track down where in the code that exception is being thrown from (there should be a filename and line number), then look at what conditions it checks. It could very well be that gmp isn't really installed, or installed properly. Or the code is wrong.

1 hour ago, requinix said:

Track down where in the code that exception is being thrown from (there should be a filename and line number), then look at what conditions it checks. It could very well be that gmp isn't really installed, or installed properly. Or the code is wrong.

I guess I really needed that sleep.

I have found the solution. 

Apparently I didn't know how EasyApache 4 really worked. I had the package installed that contained the GMP extension. But The extension was not enabled. Once it was enabled, the package provision had to be reinstalled. 

That was it. Now it works.

Archived