Wordpress site not working after upgrade to 7.2

SiberianSiren

The Wordpress Atahualpa theme does not appear to be compatible with php 7.2. I know very little about php. I get the following error message in my error log:
=====
[24-Jan-2019 22:14:03 UTC] PHP Warning: Declaration of Walker_Comment2::end_el(&$output, $comment, $depth, $args) should be compatible with Walker::end_el(&$output, $object, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /home/armst5/public_html/MyBlog/wp-content/themes/atahualpa.3.2/atahualpa/functions/bfa_comment_walker.php on line 145
=======
What does this mean and can I fix it?

Am I right in reading that you're using the theme version 3.2? It's on 3.7 now and has been for almost four years now. As the theme page says,

This theme hasn’t been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.

The theme is dead. Start looking for another one.

Unless you're prepared to delve into PHP and WordPress and essentially become a developer to maintain it. That particular error can probably be fixed by copying the function declaration from Walker::end_el and using it for Walker_Comment2::end_el - presumably the problem is that the latter is missing the default values.

Thank you for the quick reply. I tried switching to a new theme, but still all images, backgrounds, headers, etc are missing. I have edited a lot of Wordpress code in my main site and it functions fine. It is this old theme, which is an old site I designed,  which is dead as you say. My host support said the error code was in my error log for that theme, but when I checked this is the code I found instead:
[15-Jun-2009 12:33:31] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function:  language_attributes() in /home/armst5/public_html/MyBlog/wp-content/themes/atahualpa.3.2/atahualpa/header.php on line 3
[15-Jun-2009 12:35:19] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function:  language_attributes() in /home/armst5/public_html/MyBlog/wp-content/themes/atahualpa.3.2/atahualpa/header.php on line 3
Anyway to fix that or would this just lead to more issues?

I have no idea, and unfortunately I can only assume you might have accidentally done something with it. Do you have a backup you can restore the file from? Perhaps restore all the atahualpa theme files? Could there be other empty files on your site? How does wp-includes/general-template.php look?

I see we are talking about two different things...in a way. When I said the functions.php is empty I am talking about when I try to view it in the Atahualpa Dashboard Appearance Editor. I do see it in the includes and it is not empty. The general-template.php looks fine as well. I have not done anything to any files. The site broke when I updated my site to php 7.2 I am simply trying to find out what is wrong. Sounds like I will have to keep working with my webhost to figure out what the issue is. Thank you for trying to help.

Archived