"No input file specified" error

doakra66

I will apologize up front if this is a dumb question, but I have searched for the solution for almost a week.  I am not very experienced with php.  I would appreciate any help I can get because I need to get the site back up.

I have a website that has been working well for several years.  It was running on php 5.6.  I have to change it to php 7.1 or 7.2.  I made the coding changes.  The problem is only with files that I had pw protected using htaccess and htpasswd.  I do not have a test server set up on my local machine.  I do have a domain on my host server that I use for testing.

When I started this process, I uploaded the updated files to the test domain but I did not add the pw protection.  Everything worked with no issues.  I then uploaded the files to the main domain.  They were pw protected on the main domain.

The pages use html forms along with php to read, write, and edit information in a mysql database.  The page function/interaction is as follows:

www.lonestarschool.org - main page (index.php).  Works fine

www.lonestarschool.org/announcements.php - pulls data from a mysql database and displays.  This page has a links to add or delete information from the database.  Works fine

www.lonestarschool.org/announcements/delannouncement.php - displays the information from the database with a "Delete" button beside it.  The delete button calls hwww.lonestarschool.org/announcements/do_delannouncement.php using post.  Works fine.

Click a "Delete" button - I get "No input file specified"

Based on web research, it looked like the htaccess file was causing the issue.  Made sense especially given that the test domain without htaccess worked.  To test the theory, I copied the htaccess file to the folder on the test domain.  I then got the same error on the test domain.  I thought this was progress, but not so.  I removed the htaccess from both domains.  Both still give me the error.  I cleared browser cache.  No effect.  I also visited the web site from a mobile device. that had never been used to access the sites.  I got the same error.

Please, if anyone has any ideas, I need the help.  I will do everything I can to provide additional information.

Thanks in advance.

Archived