PHP7, MySQL8, Apache2.4

eljaydee

I have been at this for several hours..

<?php
$conn = mysqli_connect(localhost, root, mypw, mydb) or die(mysqli_error($conn));

?>

I keep getting:  Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '?>', expecting ',' or ')' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\mysql_connect.php on line 4

I have tried copy and paste of mysqli_connect from several different web pages, nothing works. PHP is installed correctly, I have a db in MySQL, and Apache is installed with no errors.

what the...

Please use the formatter (<>) and PHP. Copying and pasting code is never a good idea. You need to understand what the code is doing to adapt it to your specific application. Since you did not post all your code I can only guess that this is what you should use:

$conn = mysqli_connect("localhost","root","mypw","mydb") or die(mysqli_error($conn)); 

The arguments to connect need to be strings or string variables.

5 hours ago, gw1500se said:

<?php 

$conn = mysqli_connect("localhost","root","6543212Xx!","lm") or die(mysqli_error($conn)); 

?>

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect() in C:\Apache24\htdocs\mysql_connect.php:2 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in C:\Apache24\htdocs\mysql_connect.php on line 2

11 hours ago, Barand said:

Check your php.ini file. Ensure mysqli extension is enabled.

Also, phpinfo() will tell you - if it is you will have a mysqli section.

yes, i enabled extension mysqli and have error notifications on... still can't get anything to work: i cannot understand why it is saying $conn=mysqli_connect() is undefined...

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect() in C:\Apache24\htdocs\mysql_connect.php:2 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in C:\Apache24\htdocs\mysql_connect.php on line 2

It shows what is in the mysql_connect.php file: 

<?php
$conn = mysqli_connect("localhost"," root", "123456" ,"myDB");
?>

Now I get this:

This page isn’t working

localhost is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

This is copied right outta my php.ini file:

;extension=bz2
;extension=curl
;extension=fileinfo
;extension=gd2
;extension=gettext
;extension=gmp
;extension=intl
;extension=imap
;extension=interbase
;extension=ldap
;extension=mbstring
;extension=exif      ; Must be after mbstring as it depends on it
extension=mysqli
;extension=oci8_12c  ; Use with Oracle Database 12c Instant Client
;extension=odbc
;extension=openssl
;extension=pdo_firebird
;extension=pdo_mysql
;extension=pdo_oci
;extension=pdo_odbc
;extension=pdo_pgsql
;extension=pdo_sqlite
;extension=pgsql
;extension=shmop

I added the suggested line: extension=php_mysqli.dll

After restarting my computer I am now back to:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect() in C:\Apache24\htdocs\mysqli_connect.php:2 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in C:\Apache24\htdocs\mysqli_connect.php on line 2

========================================================================================

It shows what is in the mysql_connect.php file: 

<?php
$conn = mysqli_connect("localhost"," root", "123456" ,"myDB");
?>

Now I get this:

This page isn’t working

localhost is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

i just restarted before replying to you, still get:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect() in C:\Apache24\htdocs\mysqli_connect.php:2 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in C:\Apache24\htdocs\mysqli_connect.php on line 2

this is supposed to be really easy and so far i have found nothing that will resolve this matter...starting to get pretty frustrated...

Archived