lm-sensors in Linux: monitors CPU temperature, the fan speeds - etc. Advanced usage

Maze

hello dear all,

I've been using the lm-sensors tool for years now - first time in Ubuntu and now i want to use it in Manjaro - my actually fav system

LM-Sensors - it does a lot: It monitors CPU temperature, the fan speeds, and - additionally - also the motherboard voltages that could be measured.

After using it for some time in Ubuntu - my previous fav-linux.i now want to use some advanced uses of lm-sensors - i have heard that we can use it in combination with some graphical interfaces to interact with it.

first i have to do the Installation:

step one: Install lm-sensors, then run it with no options to see what it does:

$ sensors
coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Physical id 0:  +47.0°C  (high = +90.0°C, crit = +120.0°C)
Core 0:         +45.0°C  (high = +90.0°C, crit = +120.0°C)
Core 1:         +47.0°C  (high = +90.0°C, crit = +120.0°C)
Core 2:         +44.0°C  (high = +90.0°C, crit = +120.0°C)
Core 3:         +46.0°C  (high = +90.0°C, crit = +120.0°C)

This is on an Ubuntu PC. My Manjaro system installs it a bit different i think  - and afterwards i have to take care for the configuration,
on older systems - (note 10 years ago i used Ubuntu) i have followed another setup:

then i go ahead:  Run sensors-detect to set it up to detect the sensors and the temp of the CPU.
in the past i have learned that the  safest method and way  to do a setup and basic configuration of lm-sensors is to accept all of the defaults by:

$ sudo sensors-detect
# sensors-detect revision xyz (2019-01-30 12:00:33 +0200)

and.... after getting the first scan - we can the setup in  modify /etc/modules:

but how to go ahead now.... how to combine it the get the advanced features - and graphical output!?

Archived