Laravel vs raw php code

Ikerepc

Is it better to use Laravel than to program in php from scratch?

I guess It's better to start with Laravel as it's most probably more secure, but if I want to make a software with laravel but I can't find and start tutorial...

I'm making a software so index should be in root, not some other map. Also I need templates, language files... Laravel has build in Blade template engine right?

How should I start? Any link or someting? Maybe even some demo with few most basic functions like how to connect to database, make index, header, templates... Use database...

Is it better to use Laravel than to program in php from scratch? 

It depends. Do you want to learn how to code or do you want to learn how to use Laravel?

I want to make a software with laravel but I can't find and start tutorial...

Read the manual and watch the Laracast videos they provide.

You should really learn the basics of coding before you attempt a Framework.

Edited by benanamen

I consider myself knowing basics of php enough to make some simple software and I want to learn and go further.

So I started making something like blog / forum software and now I'm considering starting to work in Laravel, just to learn it and it's probably helpful for a lot of function it already has...

Also, some template engine instead of html code with <?=$variable?> tags, more looking like templates would be nice...

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.