Problem with Form URL in PHP Code

Djagloi

I have this code:

$result = mysql_query($sql);
echo " <form action='https://test.com/forum/index.php?/search/&q=". $row['record_meta_keywords'] ." &type=cms_records7&search_and_or=and&search_in=titles'> ";
echo " <select  name='/search/&q=". $row['record_meta_keywords'] ." 
&type=cms_records7&search_and_or=and&search_in=titles'> ";
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
    echo "<option value='" . $row['record_meta_keywords'] ."'>" . $row['record_meta_keywords'] ."</option>";
}
echo " </select> ";
echo " <br><br> ";
echo " <input type='submit'> ";
echo " </form> ";
?>

The problem is that when I choose an option from the dropdown (in this case Majestic Lanes) and click submit, it sends me to this URL:

https://test.com/forum/index.php?%2Fsearch%2F%26q%3D+%0D%0A%26type%3Dcms_records7%26search_and_or%3Dand%26search_in%3Dtitles=Majestic+Lanes

I need it to send me to this URL:

https://test.com/forum/index.php?/search/&q=Majestic%20Lanes%20&type=cms_records7&search_and_or=and&search_in=titles

I don't know PHP well enough to fix the code myself.  Can anyone assist with this please?

20 minutes ago, gw1500se said:

The first thing you need to do is remove the deprecated mysql code and replace it with PDO or at least mysqli. That you can even use mysql implies that your version of PHP is long ago obsolete.

Ok, but can you assist with the code I have up there?

18 hours ago, ginerjm said:

Change the action attribute on your form to be the url you want.

And stop using mysql db interface.  It is way out of date!  Strongly suggest switching to PDO - it is pretty easy.

I did that.  The problem is the special characters.  I asked for help with the CODE, not the interface.

And what IS the problem?

And - your attitude re: our pointing out your soon-to-be-a-problem use of the mysql INTERFACE is un-called for.  Stop using that block of functions or you will be cursing yourself the day your host discontinues it.  Don't say you weren't warned.

Edited by ginerjm

When you use the $row variable in your form action you're not in the $row loop yet and that wouldn't make sense anyways because you'd be creating your form repeatedly, as many times as there are results in your query. Also selecting an option with the value of the URL you want to be redirected to won't work. The value would just get passed with the other form data. For this to work you would need javascript  to get the url from the selected option and redirect you. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.