Sign in to follow this  
dil_bert

an online IDE (integrated development environment) that offers support for PHP, Python and more

hello dear experts, hello dear PHP-Freaks. 

currently i am looking for a  an online IDE (integrated development environment) that offers some features like repl.it does. 

it should support languages like Python, PHP, JAVA and C++ 

Are there similar options out there - similar to Repl.it !? 

love to hear from you 

Repl.it 

Repl.it is a San Francisco based start-up and an online IDE (integrated development environment).[1] It was founded in 2016 by Codeacademy veteran Amjad Masad and Haya Odeh. Its founding members were Faris Masad[2], who can be credited with creating all of the original features[3][4][5], Tim Chen, Mason Clayton, and Rob Blanckaert. The company has received funding from Y Combinator, Andreessen Horowitz, Bloomberg Beta, among others.  Its name comes from "read–eval–print loop." While there's been a lot of variation, the official pronunciation is "rep-lit," as opposed to "repl dot i-t," or other variations. Currently, Repl.it's browser-based IDE supports over 75 programming languages, including game development languages like PyGame, Love 2D and Pyxel, and esoteric languages like LOLCODE, BrainF, and Bloop.[6] The company has over 500,000 weekly active developers.[7] While Repl.it can be accessed for free, it also has a paid version that allows unlimited private repls, up to 200 classroom students, a max file size of 100MB, and 10GB total storage.[8] The platform is best known for its active community, boasting a language learning club, a Discord server, and a forum for asking questions. Amjad has previously stated he loves seeing that his website has been being used to get users to work together, and to code together

see the wikipedia-entry for repl.it

greetings 

well dear fellow php-freaks, 

i did not have any other option - but i will try out the repl system

i use it with a chrome extension

this lets me integrate repl with my github-account. 

EKfr30tExgCwjqz2FCL8CYVo2tdFwarxdTEbE8r9bUguasXf00-h5Q7Uj4TsFUyUIiHCgM7la-w=w640-h400-e365

cf - the repl - extension for chrome

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/replit/kihnihckibjknmebghcjpmemaginnipl

the good thing: i can work with python , php , perl and other languages

i will come back and report all the findings. 

meanwhile - have a great day

one last post regarding this option 

the good thing is that i can run the code from everywhere in the repl. - see below. 

BTW  - on a sidenote  _ of course i am looking for a leightweight ide 

at the moment i am testing 

NotePad 

PHPIDE 

Pycharm 

Atom-IDE  - runs great with github 

and i look for more to test 

have a great day. 

see below - the option for repl - intergation with Chrome...

image.png.aa1b6ad790fbf115ac7c2af40e82e7d1.pngthe 

btw  - many thanks for this great forum. it rocks!!

image.png