importing data from calc via Google-API to google-Calendar!?

dil_bert

good day dear php-freaks

i want to do a import of data from calc via Google-API to google-Calendar!?

see the differnt formats - in calc- and in a printed sheme.... or in other  words - ready to print. 

question how to arrange to port to the google-calendar!?

auszug__kalender_20_zeilen.jpg

calendar_to_google_api.jpg

calendar_booklet_alt_google_api.jpg

hello dear freaks - well to explain it a bit futher..

what is aimed: 

well i need a import of data into google-calendar via the API

- an automation that is triggered by my calc shee and sends data to the Google Calendar, sending each one item i add to Excel and adding a new row to any spreadsheet we want with ...

- Sync Google Calendar and a Calc or Excel sheet
- Integrate Google Calendar and Libreoffice Calc or Microsoft Excel the way i want and need.
well i need to create new rows in spreadsheets automatically. 

question: how to connect Google Calendar and Libreoffice Calc or MS Excel!?.

btw - see the above mentioned and attached data - to see which data i need to import

i look forward to hear from you

good day dear all,

i guess that i need to make sure that the Start Date column is formatted MM/dd/yyyy.

Since i only need all day events i guess that i'll just need a, Start Date column, not the End Date or Time columns.

I'm not sure if i need to work over the multiple "Description" columns though... guess that i have to merge them into a single column I suppose.

Edited by dil_bert

• 2 weeks later...

hello again - i try to work it out... 

can i run this sheme 

01/01/19 `Lukas 16,19-20 Es war ein reicher Mann, der kleidete sich in Purpur und kostbares Leinen` 
01/02/19 `Kolosser 3,13 Ertrage einer den andern und vergebt euch untereinander` 
01/03/19 `1. Petrus 5,10Der Gott aller Gnade, der euch berufen` 

all data in two columns or should i put it in one column

I see five distinct data items

+----------+------------+-----------+---------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
     |  Date    |   Book     |  Chapter  |  Verse  |  Text                                                                       |
     +----------+------------+-----------+---------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
     | 01/01/19 |  Lukas     |     16    |   19    |  Es war ein reicher Mann, der kleidete sich in Purpur und kostbares Leinen  |
     | 01/02/19 |  Kolosser  |     3     |   13    |  Ertrage einer den andern und vergebt euch untereinander`                   |
     | 01/03/19 |  1. Petrus |     5     |   10    |  Der Gott aller Gnade, der euch berufen`                                    |

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 9:04 PM, Barand said:

I see five distinct data items

|  Date    |   Book     |  Chapter  |  Verse  |  Text                                                                       |
     | 01/01/19 |  Lukas     |     16    |   19    |  Es war ein reicher Mann, der kleidete sich in Purpur und kostbares Leinen  |
     | 01/02/19 |  Kolosser  |     3     |   13    |  Ertrage einer den andern und vergebt euch untereinander`                   |
     | 01/03/19 |  1. Petrus |     5     |   10    |  Der Gott aller Gnade, der euch berufen`                                    |

hello dear Barand - 

many thanks for the reply and for sharing your ideas. 

while i want to import the data into the google-Calendar i have to meet some data specs - see here

https://support.google.com/calendar/thread/6900392?hl=en

i ll need 1 column called "Start Date", and one column called "Summary" which is the Title, and one called "Description" where 
you can put longer text. Each row should be like this, with double quotes:

"Start Date", "Summary", "Description"
01/01/2019, "Put Short Title Here", "Put Main Text Here"
01/02/2019, "Second Short Title Here", "Main Text Here"

If you want to put all the text in the title, and it's not too long, then just leave out the description column

... More

well  you say that we have this layout..

| 01/01/19 |  Lukas     |     16    |   19    |  Es war ein reicher Mann, der kleidete sich in Purpur und kostbares Leinen  |
     | 01/02/19 |  Kolosser  |     3     |   13    |  Ertrage einer den andern und vergebt euch untereinander`                   |
     | 01/03/19 |  1. Petrus |     5     |   10    |  Der Gott aller Gnade, der euch berufen`                                    |
     +----------+------------+-----------+---------+------------------------------------------

note: i can put the data in a "combined collum" so  that means that i do not necessarily need to "keep" all the different columns.

i want to import data from Excel / Calc-Sheet into my Calendar - but it is not working propperly 7 Replies

https://support.google.com/calendar/thread/6900392?hl=en

see also this link: 

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37118

dear Barand - if one important step towards getting the data in the right formate is to put some _separators_  between the data #
then i could export all the data that currently resides in a calc sheet.   Wouldn ´t this be a appropiate solution?

see this little HowTo - that i found on the net:  

to Save a Sheet as a Text CSV File
Open the Calc sheet that you want to save as a Text CSV file. Only the current sheet can be exported.
Choose File - Save as.
In the File name box, enter a name for the file.
In the File type box, select "Text CSV".
(Optional) Set the field options for the Text CSV file. ...
Click Save.

what do you say - could this help to get a dataset that is working for doing the import!? 

love to hear from you

If you are constrained to three columns, I'd go with

Date     |     Book:chapter:verse    |  Text

and I'd put the data into a conventional CSV format that can be opened directly by Excel - EG

"01/01/19","Lukas:16:19","Es war ein reicher Mann, der kleidete sich in Purpur und kostbares Leinen"
"01/02/19","Kolosser:3:13","Ertrage einer den andern und vergebt euch untereinander"
"01/03/19","1.Petrus:5:10","Der Gott aller Gnade, der euch berufen"

• 2 weeks later...

hello dear  Barand

good day - many thanks for the andwer.  one question: 

would that be possible to convert the data from calc to csv ... in order to put it into the google-calendar;

if we take it like so - three columns, 

Date | Book:chapter:verse | Text

and then putting the data into a conventional CSV format that can be opened directly by Excel - EG

"01/01/19","Lukas:16:19","Es war ein reicher Mann, der kleidete sich in Purpur und kostbares Leinen" "01/02/19","Kolosser:3:13","Ertrage einer den andern und vergebt euch untereinander" "01/03/19","1.Petrus:5:10","Der Gott aller Gnade, der euch berufen"
the issue is - that i have the whole dataset in a big calc-table: 
i need to export it into  csv data-set ... 

would that be all right!? 

love to hear from  you

regards dilbert
Edited by dil_bert

If your calc sheet looks like this

image.png.6fa5cfcde9e72f7967799751d51dc79a.png

then File/Save As...

select CSV as the file type and save

should give this

Date,Title,Text
01/01/2019,Lukas:16:19,"Es war ein reicher Mann, der kleidete sich in Purpur und kostbares Leinen"
01/02/2019,Kolosser:3:13,Ertrage einer den andern und vergebt euch untereinander
01/03/2019,1.Petrus:5:10,"Der Gott aller Gnade, der euch berufen"

Hello dear Barand 

first of all : many many thanks for the quick reply. Great to hear from you. 

Well thats just great and i really am very very happy to hear from you. 

I guess that we are on the right path with the processing of the data.  

unfortunatly  the dataset cannot be imported to the google_calendar.  

this said - i have to point out that the experts on the google-calendar ponder that this should work flawlessly 

see here https://support.google.com/calendar/thread/6900392?hl=en

well at the moment i am pretty clueless why the import fails all the time. 

i took this dataset to try the import...: 

"Start Date", "Summary", "Description"
"01/01/19","Lukas:16:19","Es war ein reicher Mann, der kleidete sich in Purpur und kostbares Leinen"
"01/02/19","Kolosser:3:13","Ertrage einer den andern und vergebt euch untereinander"
"01/03/19","1.Petrus:5:10","Der Gott aller Gnade, der euch berufen"

i do not know why it fails - and where the issues are 

any ideas why thew upload fails...

• 5 months later...

good day dear Barand, 

well first of all - many many thanks for all your help: the results of the import look like not so good. 

see them here: 
https://imgur.com/a/9653POx

https://imgur.com/QuqfAlO

https://imgur.com/EWsoncO

https://imgur.com/lYelymb

well  - i want to have displayed the text at once.  - is this doable - in other words am i able to add the text to the google-calendar in that way!?

image.thumb.png.cb8030514430b9026964a4ef758e0fb3.png

• 1 year later...

You came back after more than a year? And you've posted this on at least 4 other forums where you got answers and you also got told to read the gcal programming api that tells you how to do this. Done that yet? And if all you want is a bible verse why can't you use any of the free apps that do it or figure out a simple csv import?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.