is_logged_in not working on one page

PrinceTaz

2 minutes ago, Barand said:

Sorry - misread the list above.

If there is nothing in $_GET['postID'] how do you expect to find the record with that id?

So I'm calling those echo's on the viewpost page. The url will say "?id=5" and so on that page normally i would just echo out the content that corresponds with that ID but nothing happens. It's just whitespace. But there is data in the database so it should be displaying. 

Okay, I removed the "?>" tags from "config.php". Now do I remove it from the other pages as well? Even though I write php code inside the html?

You can safely remove the closing tag from the script.  If you have blocks of php and html intermingled you still need whatever separates the blocks.  Just to make it easy, anywhere you have a script and the ending code block is php, then remove the closing php tag.

I heartily endorse PHPFig's PSR-2 Coding Style Guide.

If there are things not covered in PSR-2, then go with the Symfony Coding Standards.

Getting started with these standards early in your career will help you write good code that is easy to read and consistent, which helps with debugging and will also help you read other people's code, as many modern projects utilize many of these same standards.

1 hour ago, Barand said:

If your url is that then you should be passing $_GET['id'] to the query, not $_GET['postid']

EDIT - and you should get a message telling you index postID is not defined.

Yes! So I went home and installed my blog on my XAMP server and now the its recognizing my login and I get this error "Notice: Undefined index: postID". I'm assuming error reporting IS indeed turned of on my cpanel because now I'm getting tons of error messages! In fact, none of my $rows is working becuase it keeps saying they are undefined.

1 hour ago, gizmola said:

You can safely remove the closing tag from the script.  If you have blocks of php and html intermingled you still need whatever separates the blocks.  Just to make it easy, anywhere you have a script and the ending code block is php, then remove the closing php tag.

I heartily endorse PHPFig's PSR-2 Coding Style Guide.

If there are things not covered in PSR-2, then go with the Symfony Coding Standards.

Getting started with these standards early in your career will help you write good code that is easy to read and consistent, which helps with debugging and will also help you read other people's code, as many modern projects utilize many of these same standards.

Thank you for this, I shall read up on that.

Edited by PrinceTaz

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.