Select count from table column within last 3 days

the_toolman

Hi,

I have a database which stores listings in 2 main categories.

I am trying to select the total number of listings in each of the categories with term_taxonomy_id's of 109 and 110 that have been added within the last 3 days.

This is what I have so far, but it’s not showing anything when echoing. I also don’t know how to select them based on a time period of 3 days

$total_competitions = mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(term_taxonomy_id=109) FROM wp_term_taxonomy;");
echo $total_competitions;

Could anyone help me with the query?

This is a screenshot of the table in phpmyadmin:

https://ibb.co/p34mxDd

Edited by cyberRobot
added code tags / removed text background

14 minutes ago, the_toolman said:

I also don’t know how to select them based on a time period of 3 days

Neither do we without knowing your table structure.

Your select query syntax is completely screwed. You need to use a WHERE clause to conditionally select data. You also need to check the PHP manual for examples of to process your queries. (There is a SQL tutorials link in my sig)

The mysql_ functions you are using no longer exist in PHP and were deprecated years ago. You should now be using the mysqli (improved) or PDO. (PDO is highly recommended over mysqli)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.