Spanish Collation

phdphd

Hi All,

I want to display lists of words (utf8 encoded) correctly ordered in Spanish, where "ch" and "ll" are considered as letters in the alphabet.

For French, I use the following :

$col = new Collator('fr_FR');
$col->setAttribute(Collator::FRENCH_COLLATION, Collator::ON);
$col->asort(<array-to-sort>);

What would be the equivalent for spanish?

Thanks!

Well, so far, I tried nothing, as for spanish lists of words. It is just that googling terms like "SPANISH_COLLATION" gives no result.

For example, when properly ordered in Spanish, "lleno" would come after "lomo", and "chico" after "cosa", since the alphabet order in Spanish is "a, b, c, ch, d, ....k, l, ll, m, n, ...z"

1 minute ago, phdphd said:

Well, so far, I tried nothing,

Well that doesn't sound good. If you want your code to change then you'll have to try something.

as for spanish lists of words. It is just that googling terms like "SPANISH_COLLATION" gives no result.

Why are you going to Google when PHP has perfectly good documentation online?

Find out what FRENCH_COLLATION actually means and decide what to do with it.

For example, when properly ordered in Spanish, "lleno" would come after "lomo", and "chico" after "cosa", since the alphabet order in Spanish is "a, b, c, ch, d, ....k, l, ll, m, n, ...z"

That's nice but it doesn't help you find out what you have to do with your PHP code.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.