replace a N20 with each DC Motor - is this possible

dil_bert

hello dear PHP-Freaks and good day dear experts

good day dear all -

well lemme start so: i  am  pretty new to Arduino, but I have to figure this out.

Well  - that being said, I have a problem, and I'm not sure if I can even solve it with the components I have. Basically I need to use some sort of an Arduino to power a DC motor, and that needs to be controlled via the program.  I'm using an Arduino Nano, a breadboard, a motor controller (L298N), a DC motor, and a battery. I have all the necessary cables and wires.

But i must say. i really love the L298 - it is great!

BTW can i use a ordinary motor and replace a N20 with each DC Motor - what are the advantages of the N20?

i found  a great tutorial for the L298 - this one

https://tronixlabs.com.au/news/tutorial-l298n-dual-motor-controller-module-2a-and-arduino/

In this tutorial we'll explain how to use our L298N H-bridge   Dual Motor Controller Module 2A with Arduino. This allows you to control the speed and direction of two DC motors, or control one bipolar stepper motor with ease. The L298N H-bridge module can be used with motors that have a voltage of between 5 and 35V DC.

There is also an onboard 5V regulator, so if your supply voltage is up to 12V you can also source 5V from the board.
These L298 H-bridge dual motor controller modules  are inexpensive and available from the Tronixlabs Australia store. Furthermore if you're completely new to the world of Arduino we highly recommend you  review a copy of "Arduino Workshop".
So let's get started!

love to hear from you

n20_motor.png

Edited by dil_bert

8 hours ago, dil_bert said:

can i use a ordinary motor

define: ordinary motor?

the motor and power supply voltage must be within the 5 to 35 Volt range, with a MAXIMUM motor current of 2Amps. the limiting factor is the power dissipation of the controller, which i think i saw is 25Watts, but for which the heat-sink being used probably isn't big enough to dissipate, but there is over temperature protection built in.

of note too, if the supply voltage is greater than 16V, you must separately supply 5V to the controller.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.